I’m going to be posting recipes I tried out, which worked out well. I’m not really an experienced cooker or baker (at all) so I’ll take it steps. I’m starting with dessert/snacks, breakfast, and then dinner.
I hope to accumulate 10 easy, healthy recipes for each meal of the day (with 10 snack ideas).
First Step: Creating a grocery list, keeping in mind prices – for each season.
Anyhow, this is OFFICIALLY Day 1 of Recipes! I’m going to try to do something “new” everyday. Today, I made a fruit salad with a pear, an apple, a banana, and 7 blackberries. Not very impressive, but eh.
Yesterday, I tried out “World’s Healthiest Chocolate Chip Cookies“. Check out the site for the original recipe and pictures. I couldn’t take a picture, but my cookies ended up smaller than hers – but reasonable. And surprisingly filling! Anyway, here’s what I used:
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- A little bit of chocolate chips (*I did this step last, and just based it on my batter size)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla powder of some sort :P)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice, (feel free to switch proportions of milk and oil)
So more or less, the same, with a few changes, here and there.
It made: 9 cookies.
This recipe was OK. The cookies tasted a lot better with milk…and they were good by themselves too. Positives: Really easy preparation, short cooking time, on hand ingredients. Negatives: It was nothing special.